September 05, 2006

 

Full NFL Preview

Now that school has started, I'll be posting a lot less frequently - my weekends will still be full of high school football previews and recaps, but I won't have much else. Here's my full NFL preview, in which I recap my division picks and pick my Super Bowl winner. Today's post is lacking in one thing - research. I basically made up numbers for the playoff games using incorrect perceptions from last year. So, if you bet on these teams, and lose...well, then you deserve to lose your money, letting a 15-year-old tell you who to wager on. But I digress. If you haven't already, you may want to check out my division-by-division previews:

AFC East
AFC North
AFC South
AFC West
NFC East
NFC North
NFC South
NFC West

And, because you probably don't want to go through all of those, I'll do a quick recap:

Teams that will be better than you think:
Arizona
Detroit
Kansas City (because people think they're going to bust this year)
Cleveland

Teams that will be worse than you think:
Baltimore (not sure where that bandwagon came from)
Pittsburgh (and that was before Roethlisburger's emergency appendectomy)
NY Giants (the schedule's too tough for them to make the playoffs)
Philadelphia (some people really like this team for some reason)
Seattle (has to fight the SB loser curse and the Madden curse)

So here's what I think the playoffs will look like, round-by-round:

AFC:

#1 Indianapolis
Bye

#5 Kansas City 32
#4 New England 21

#2 Denver
Bye

#6 Jacksonville 13
#3 Cincy 30

NFC:

#1 Carolina
Bye

#5 Tampa Bay 24
#4 Chicago 14

#6 Washington 21
#3 Arizona 24

#2 Dallas
Bye

Round 2:

#5 Kansas City 13
#1 Indianapolis 17

#3 Cincinatti 31
#2 Denver 30

#5 Tampa Bay 31
#1 Carolina 17

#3 Arizona 30
#2 Dallas 13

AFC Championship Game:

Cincy 41, Indy 21

NFC Championship Game:

Tampa 27, Arizona 17

Super Bowl XLI:

Cincy 31, Tampa 13

But, as I said, not much very little absolutely no research or thought whatsoever went into these playoff picks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?